Events and Programs
There are several events that happen throughout the school year. Below are some examples but it’s not limited to the following:
- MIMS hosts a Mid-Autumn Festival every year as part of the tradition of celebrating the harvest, family gathering, and moon gazing. Also known as the Moon Festival or the Moon Cake Festival, it is celebrated on the 15th day of the eighth month in the traditional East Asian lunar calendar and focuses on the spirit of gratitude.
Moon Gala & Sociables
- The Moon Gala is a celebration of the new school year. Parents and supporters of the school are invited to get a little fancy, enjoy a nice evening out, and contribute towards the vision of the school. We’ll share our new Sociables and Auction Items.
- A Sociable is an event hosted by MIMS parents, teachers, and/or staff. The hosts decide on a theme, place, time, number of attendees, and the price for attending their event. The hosts bear the responsibility for the cost of the event and all of the proceeds go directly to MIMS PTO. It’s a fun way to get to know other parents and teachers at MIMS while raising much needed funds for our school.
Boosterthon and Book Fairs
- Boosterthon Fun Runs raise money for our school, and Scholastic Book Fairs help us earn Scholastic dollars to support our teachers and students. Scholastic dollars help us purchase Scholastic News Magazines, books for teacher libraries and our school library, books for our Name That Book (NTB) teams, and more!
Chinese New Year Festival / Spring Festival
- MIMS PTO hosts an annual festival to celebrate the lunar new year with our families and to raise money for the school. The event usually takes place on a Saturday during or following the 15 days of the Lunar New Year. There are student performances, a dragon dance, a lion dance, great food, inflatables and other fun children’s activities, and more! Students also have a class celebration during the week.
- The International Festival celebrates the beautiful diversity within our school and families. Families can participate by hosting a country/heritage together to share their cultural traditions, music, art, food, and history with our MIMS community.
- The Kids’ Marketplace offers our students an opportunity to get creative and learn a bit about entrepreneurship. Kids can set up a table to sell products or services, practice their pitch, and transact with other MIMS families.
Respect 敬爱 • Perseverance 毅力 • Integrity 正直 • Curiosity 好奇 • Courage 勇气 • Responsibility 责任
Thank you to our 2023-2024 Company Sponsors
Rui Shi Sponsors