PTO stands for Parent Teacher Organization. It is a legal entity separate from the school and a 501c3 non-profit organization. Its executive board consists of parents elected by members of the PTO. All parents/guardians and school staff are automatically PTO members. People who are not MIMS staff or parents/guardians of children attending MIMS can not be PTO members.
The purpose of the organization is to enhance and support the unique learning environment at the Mandarin Immersion Magnet School, to create open, close communication between the school and home, and to involve all stakeholders in the children’s well being and development. The PTO especially strives to support the teachers and administration in creating a positive, enriching environment for all students at the school through volunteer and financial support.
The MIMS PTO received 501c3 status from the IRS in 2012. This means donors can make a tax-deductible gift to the MIMS PTO and the MIMS PTO can purchase items teachers need for their classrooms without paying sales tax and using our educational discount. In general, the MIMS PTO will dispense funds throughout the year to help the school with educational material expenses, handle the costs of teacher appreciation activities, promote school spirit, organize cultural activities, and benefit the students of MIMS.
MIMS PTO aka Mandarin Chinese Language Immersion Magnet School PTO
5445 W. Alabama St.
Houston, TX 77056
PTO EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBERS (2023-2024)
- President: Quynh Vora - President@Mimspto.org
- VP Elementary: Amonee Haley - Vpelem@Mimspto.org
- VP Middle School: Emily Shaffer - Vpmiddle@Mimspto.org
- Treasurer: Hattie Meng - Treasurer@Mimspto.org
- Assistant Treasurer: Kennisha John - Treasurer@Mimspto.org
- Festivals Director: Amanda Tan and Lannessa Moshay - Festivals@Mimspto.org
- Corporate Fundraising: Abraham Chu - Fundraising@Mimspto.org
- Community Fundraising: Eric Chiang - Communityfundraising@Mimspto.org
- Secretary: Kimberly Tran - Secretary@Mimspto.org
- Communications Director: Janine McClenny - Communications@Mimspto.org
- Family Outreach Director: Cedar Yu - Familyoutreach@Mimspto.org
- MIMS Staff Representative: Ms. Garcia - Ptostaffrep@Mimspto.org
- MIMS Elementary School Staff Representative: Ms. Simpson - Elemteacherrep@Mimspto.org
- MIMS Middle School Staff Representative: Mr. Solomon - Msteacherrep@Mimspto.org
- Past President: Libby Ingrassia - Advisor@Mimspto.org
SDMC Representatives: Frank Lin (2023-2025) and Angie Joe (2023-2024) - Ptosdmcrep@Mimspto.org
For more information, please visit our Committees page.
Meeting agendas and minutes
Questions or comments?
We would love to hear from you! E-mail us: email@example.com.
Respect 敬爱 • Perseverance 毅力 • Integrity 正直 • Curiosity 好奇 • Courage 勇气 • Responsibility 责任
- Monday, September 25
- Tuesday, September 26
- Wednesday, September 27
- Friday, September 29
- Monday, October 2
- Wednesday, October 4
- Friday, October 6
- Wednesday, October 11